Food scraps in office bins can cause offensive odours causing to discomfort to your Employees and Clients, as mentioned in previous blogs limiting eating at the desk will help with the spread of germs and will create a working environment free from offensive odours
Employees will find it hard to concentrate which will result in a lack of productivity, food scraps can also harbour bacteria which causes illness and days off work!
Clients will feel uncomfortable, form a negative experience of your business due to offensive smells and will be unlikely to return
Here is some tips that will help you recycle and save your company money:
- Reuse scrap paper as notepaper
- Only print items when absolutely necessary and use double sided printing
- Items such as mobile phones, printer cartridges and other electronic waste can be recycled at select retailers
- Printer Cartridges: Participating brands can be recycled via the ‘Cartridges 4 Planet Ark’ recycling boxes in participating Australia Post, Officeworks, Harvey Norman, and Dick Smith Electronics stores.
- Buy in bulk – by choosing products with less packaging you can help reduce waste
- Make sure recyclable items are not heavily contaminated with food, liquids or hazardous materials
Fold cardboard boxes down flat to fit more in your bin (Note Waxed Cardboard is not recyclable)